Filling and super-healthy! Gigantes plaki (Greek baked gigantes) is a classic Greek recipe, consisting of ‘giant’ beans baked in a tomato sauce along with plenty of fresh herbs, which give a really unique taste. This Gigantes recipe takes some time to prepare, but it’s all worth it!
Our company was founded in 2008, initially aiming at the revival and preservation of a vintage lentils crop in the region of Voio at Northwest Greece. Today’s functions, building on the success of the initial project, include the production, processing, packaging and distribution of Voion legumes, namely lentils, beans of various kinds and chickpeas. Our passion for our mountainous and fertile land and its proper cultivation led to the creation of a modern processing and packaging plant, where local contracted farmers, after having received proper guidance throughout the farming season, bring their production for processing. Our mission is to offer our clients the highest possible quality, taste and healthy legumes insuring that:
- They are absolutely safe to consume
- They have been produced with absolute respect for the environment
- Our highly skilled personnel is working in a proper environment, bringing out the best of our farmers and their land
- The contracted farmers are properly trained, receiving specialized geo-technical support while finally enjoying high return for their efforts, leading in the direction of preservation and further growth of Voion legumes cultivation
- Usage is made of the most modern technological means in all company’s activities, from production to distribution